Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day

My Mother died 30 years ago but her memory is still alive in my heart. She gave me 2 sisters to help remind me I'm not alone in this old world. She fed me and clothed me and kept me well through some really bad winters. I remember 20's and 30's below for weeks at a time and seemed like it lasted at least 12 months. Then 6 months of summer and then another 12 months of winter. Thank You Lord for making the winter shorter as I got older. I really don't think I could hack it buddy if they were like they were in the 40's, 1940's that is. This last winter we just finished was a super winter for history books. Record temps all winter and you only needed a sweatshirt to go outside instead of a parka. They said it was the second warmest in history and I'm 75 so I don't know how far back you have to go to find the warmest one. I just know it was before 1936 when I showed up to make the world a better place for a few people. I think that's enough for a while so I'll be going. Thank You Mom for bringing me into this world so I could write this, Love OZZIE

No comments: