Sunday, January 13, 2013

Go Figure

Well it's January in Iowa and a couple days ago it rained. Some froze as it came down and the rest waited until it was on the ground to freeze. Which ever it did it made is pretty misserable for us handicapped folks to get around. My house and yard is set up so I don't have to go far for something to grab to keep my balance. I use a cane most of the time but also have a walker that I can sit down on if it's needed. I'm 76 years old and a retired trucker with 3 1/2 million miles over the road in all kinds of weather. I am still amazed at the drivers that go from year to year and seem to forget that ice is slick. Even at my age I have enough sense to slow down and watch the other guy because he might be the one who drives with his head in the clouds or somewhere. The biggest thing that gets me is how many people are on the phone and think they have in control. I guess that's probably good because they can call the cops, a wrecker, or ambulance or coroner whichever is required. All we have to do then is hope their battery isn't dead from talking while driving. I'm sure I'll make it through the winter without a problem but there are quite a few that haven't made it all ready. I pray it isn't any of you. Be careful out there.

No comments: