Monday, June 18, 2007

Cold And Hungry

Many years ago I would find myself trying to get home from a trip several states away. I usually packed light because I hiked alot. I did many different jobs back then. One of which was transporting Motorhomes all around the country. To try to save money for family expenses I would give my wife most of my expense money. I would keep just enough to get the unit to the dealer and food money. I had to be careful what I ate or I could blow 2 days meal money on one meal. There were many times when that happened because hiking in the fresh air over a lot of miles would give you a tremendous appetite. If I got to the point I was totally broke I would stop in a small town and go to the church and explain my problem and they would generously buy me food and a place to sleep fo the night. This usually included breakfast and a ride to the city limits to start hiking again. On other ocasions I would check in with the local police department and after running a want check on me they would usually help in the same way as the church. Usually food, logging and a ride to the edge of town. That was a hard time in my life because the job market was way down and those that had goog jobs held on to them and the rest of us had to do whatever we could fine to feed our families. I always put my hand out to anyone who needed it and still do but life has changed so much I wonder if everybody does what they can or turn the other way when they see someone in need. This is my story but to read about a new TV series with other stories of survival check this site USA Network's Burn Notice and see how they handle it.





I'm being paid for this post.

No comments: