Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Exterior Shutters

There sure are a lot of different exterior shutters on the homes all around me. The neighbors have some that are almost the same color as their house and I do not think that is very attractive. Some of the shutters are wood shutters and it looks to me that my neighbor to the left is always painting theirs a different color every year. But in checking the Internet, I found there are many kinds of wood shutters that last and last. They take on their own personality and add to the appearance of your home. You may want to refinish them only once every 7 years or so. That makes more sense to me than painting shutters every year. It is possible to get synthetic shutters but they do not have all the good looks of wooden ones. I have been giving it a great deal of thought lately, and my house could really use some sprucing up outside. That is why I have been checking out places to buy some good shutters. It has helped me make up my mind just which to get, whether pine or red cedar for instance. I have been considering California redwood shutters as I used to live in California and all the shutters there looked so good. I know my home would look really sharp with shutters so I guess I will put that on my list of things to do this summer, now that the weather is getting better every day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out these Trade windows Somerset. They're really nice and lovely for your exterior shutters.