Saturday, November 26, 2011

Celebration Time

Thanksgiving time is a great time to celebrate and give thanks for just being alive. I was invited to my daughter's house and had a fabulous meal and left later still stuffed to the chin. Food always tastes better when you have a get together with family and friends. My daughter is a great cook and I know how much love goes into every dish she makes. There were others that helped like peel potatoes and cut up veggies but she was the boss and did all the pan handling herself. She lives on an acreage south of town a few miles so we had the fun of checking out her horses, goat and chickens. The good part of that is I don't go without eggs anymore and you sure can't beat the price and freshness. She bought the farm 12 years ago and fulfilled a lifelong dream of hers. She's a trucker like I used to be and has been doing it for 25 years and is good at it. That's one of the problems with getting old is you miss the things you used to do but that's what life's all about.

No comments: