Saturday, July 21, 2012

No Big Deal

If your doctor says, you need a colonoscopy don't sweat it. The worst part is drinking a gallon of liquid that tastes like Alka Selser with salt in it. You have to do this at 15 minutes intervals and must drink 8 onces each time. You have a 4 liter jug full so you don't run out. After drinking a little over half of it the bathroom visits start. This all starts at 6:30 the night before the procedure. About 9:00 you are to busy doing other things to be drinking. If you're lucky you can catch a nap fo an hour, maybe even an hour and a half. Then at about 1:00 you start drinking again until it's gone following the 15 minute schedule. You can't drink anything after 3:00 A.M. and you have to be at trhe hospital to check in at around 6:00 at least. They sedate you do the procedure and bring you out of the sedation. The thing is make sure there's somebody to help catch you when you fall. You're woozy but don't realize it until you lean to far one way. I landed on my elbow and it's swollen and bruised bad. I must have thought that was fun because after I got home I tried it again only this it was the other elbow. When I hit I peeled the hide off almost the whole elbow and did it bleed. Well unless they found something drastically wrong in there I don't plan on ever repeating the procedure again.

No comments: