Monday, July 28, 2008

Domestic Seafood recipe

There are so many recipes out there for seafood with rubs sauces and marinades. I still like my late wifes recipe and since we live by a lake in north central Iowa it serves my purpose. Starting with a cup and a half of corn meal you blend in 3/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper a teaspoon of greek seasoning. Take about six to eight waleye fillets and rince good then roll them in the corn meal mixture. I use a stainless steel 12 inch frypan that I put six tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and three tablespoons of butter in. When the pan gets hot I put the fillets in and fry to a golden brown. When they come out of the pan I serve them with golden hashbrown potatoes and a small dish of shrimp sauce. I prefer horseradish and ketchup mixture.It's simple but worthy of The Great American Seafood Cook Off. This website Cook off can give you all the details on that. Maybe you have a favorite recipe you think should be entered in the cook off. There are many recipes out there by professional chefs and other great cooks but I still prefer the old family tried andtrue recipes I grew up with. Here at Clear Lake, Iowa when the water is still cool the waleyes and yellow bass are in force and easy to cath to fill your frying pan. If I can't get out my friends bring me some of theirs. I don't know if my recipe is up to standards for The great American Seafood Cook Off but it works well for my table.



I'm being paid for this post.

No comments: