Sunday, January 4, 2009

Shopping Today

My friend and I went shopping for a few groceries for each of us. some of the things could only be found in Mason City about 9 miles east of here. The main roads were almost fun to be on but the streets in town were slick and 100% ice covered. I drove professionally for over 40 years and can handle about anything. The thing I dislike the most is freezing rain and ice covered roads. No matter how careful you are the other guy may just have your number. I needed a prescription filled for tomorrow or I would have stayed home. I don't like sliding in the opposite direction from the way I was going. I pulled onto my friends street when we got back and I was very careful. Regardless of that I came around the corner and just kept sliding to the left until I was against the curb. The street looked like a skating rink that the city made by turning on the hydrants until the street was flooded. Not a scratch or gouge anywhere just clear smooth ice from corner to corner. Nice to look at and even skate on but driving is not a good thing.

1 comment:

clare3 said...

That's what happened when my sister-in-law got her neck broken. They slid over to the other curb. BAM!