Thursday, September 9, 2010

Midnight ride with Paul Revere

Guest post written by Luke Kitson

My kids and I are huge history buffs, so we love to go on vacations where we can go and see lots of historic sites and see the places where we've studied about in school.
This year we picked to go to Boston and take a trolley tour around to see all of the historical sites. One one of these tours we had to get back on the trolley before 5 or we couldn't get on another one for the rest of the night because they stopped running after that, except I didn't realize that and didn't hear that. So when we were off seeing the original Cheers bar my kids were reminding me that it was almost 5 and I couldn't understand what they meant the significance of that was. Then when we left after 5 I realized it. After we had to take a taxi back to our car in rush hour traffic, my wife looked up hearing aids in Boston on her smart phone and showed me what she foudn. We talked through it and decided to go to miracle ear when we got home later that week.
We tried not to let that incident spoil our trip and we forgot about it pretty soon because we went on a really fun ghost tour that night.

No comments: