Friday, July 20, 2007

Lifes Displeasures

I recieved an email from a major oil company telling me I won $150 in gasoline in their Fuel Good Sweepstakes. I can't tell you how happy I was since I live on a very limited income and gas is a luxury. They said I should recieve a card for the gas in the mail real soon. I could hardly wait to fill up my van when the card arrives. When I was at one of the stations owned buying $10 worth I commented on winning the gas card. The station manager told me that the company in charge of the drawing had a computer go haywire and sent out a whole lot of phony emails and mine was one of them. After I checked with the company headquarters I guess i got the shaft instead of gas. So that means my poor van won't see a full tank of gas for another year.

No comments: