Sunday, January 20, 2008

Blogging's Good

When you retire you look for something to occupy your spare time. Of course when you retire all of your time is spare time.Remember that 40 or 50 hours you put in on your job? That is now spare time that you have to fill up with something. I remember all the things I had that I could finally do now that I was retiring and would finally have time to get them done. You used to work 40 hours a week take the wife shopping and have friends over on the weekends. Maybe you went to their house. Anyhow in the few spare minutes you had you would fix the lamp cord or build a shelf. Then there was lawn mowing and snow blowing in the winter. Well suprise, suprise, suprise as Gomer would say now you sleep 8 hours and have 16 hours a day for fixing things. It takes about a month at the outside to get everything done and then what? I never had time for a computer and now the computer is my life. My wife passed away and My two cats don't have anything for me to fix so I blog and love it. If you're retired and never had time for computing you should try it. Mainly it uses up a lot of time if you let it and that's all I have is time.

No comments: