Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Not Going Back

I trucked all over these United States and been everywhere but Alaska and the islands because you can't drive to them. With Alaska I just never got a load going that way. Nowadays trucking is so computerised that you don't have to get out except for showers, food and fuel. I loved the old grubby truckstops where you sat around till all hours and drank coffee and swapped stories with other drivers. Today it seems like it's all how fast you can get from A to B get unloaded and head for C for another load. The big thing I would miss is my old friends that I ran all over the country with. Most of them are dead, some naturally and some behind the wheel doing what they loved doing best. I guess the hard part of that is that half of them were my age and the rest were younger. Where ever you are KEEP THE DIRTY SIDE DOWN AND THE shiney side up.

No comments: