Saturday, December 6, 2008

Government Buyouts

Why is it all these major corporations need billions of dollars to survive? Ever wondered whre we would be if unions didn't demand high wages or they would strike until they got it. While we're at it how about benefits for workers and their families. Ever wondered why the senior citizens living on Social Security get a 1% to 3% cost of living increase and the politicians vote themselves 10% to 12% does that sound fair? This year I understand we old people will get 5.8% and I haven't heard what congress will get but you can be sure it will be at least as much as we get in a whole year. We haven't gotten our raise yet so they could get wild and cancel it. The government makes sure we don't get it all anyway. Medicare goes up and insurance gets some and we wind up with enough to buy a 1/2 gallon of milk and a loaf of bread if we're lucky. My idea is why doesn't the government buy us out. I could be debt free and able to live on Social Security if they would give me $20,000 and but me out. There are a lot of us out there that didn't have a pension plan or 401K to help your living be better. I really don't think the CEO'S of the major corporations really need 20 million dollars a year to live. But I'll tell you what, there's a lot of little guys that could be debt free and worry free with just thousands and not millions. Think about it politicians before you try to cut us more.

1 comment:

clare3 said...

I would be tickled pink with a few thousand.