Friday, December 19, 2008

Where's The Work?

Everyone is laying off workers because of the economy being bad. People who have spent most of their working lives for these major companies are getting cut back. I'm not in the work force anymore but social security isn't a living wage either. If you don't have a retirement plan or company pension plan you won't make it without help from friends or family. My wife and I started saving for our retirement way to late in life and when she got sick there went the savings. The government is bailing out some of the big companies but a lot of these businesses are some of the best paying employers in the world. The CEO's of these are some of the highest paid employees in the world. If I made 5 million dollars a year oreven more I think I would work one year and quit and live easy. I can't even grasp that kind of money for a years work. Being one of the poor people less than $20,000 would pay every bill I owe. $30,000 would pay them and but me a new car that would last the rest of my life. I'm happy but it would be nice to have a few extra dollars that nobody has their hand out for. Merry Christmas everybody, it's not what you have, it's who you are and we are Gods Children.

No comments: