Monday, July 12, 2010

Smart Phone

Guest post written by Tim Andrews

After months of contemplation I finally bought a smart phone. I’m retired so it’s not like I really need to keep up with my e-mail for any purposes besides personal ones. But I thought it was time to catch up with the times and tired of hearing about all these useful phone apps that would work on my regular old phone.
For all the phone’s perks, I noticed I was having trouble hearing the person on the other end of the line during phone calls so I used the phone’s Internet capability to look up hearing aids and miracle ear cost.
I found the info I needed, scheduled a hearing test and got fitted with a hearing aid that you can’t see unless you look really hard for it. It’s obvious that I’m advanced in age when you look at me, but that doesn’t mean that I want to wear a bulky, ugly, old-fashioned looking hearing aid.
Now I can use my brand new toy – my smart phone, not my hearing aid – in public without being embarrassed.

No comments: