Friday, May 18, 2007

On Again Off Again

I've been looking forward to the trip to Tulsa and tonight I find out it may be called off. You know, I don't get many pleasures out of life anymore but driving to Tulsa is one of them. Being a retired 18 wheeler I love to get out and see the country side. Since my wife passed away 8 years ago that hasn't been the fun it once was. My friend of 7 years helps pass the lonely days with conversation and movie going or shopping. Since my legs are getting worse the walking is really an effort but I can still handle a big rig. Sometimes it's just my winstar van and in the fall I haul corn for a local farmer with a semi rig. That's what it's all about is the road even if it's only 20 miles round trip 8 or 10 times a day for 39 days. But the trip to Tulsa is real road miles and I love every minute of it. The traffic in Des Moines, Kansas City, Joplin and Tulsa is all worth it. My friend says I'm to agressive and I should remember I'm not driveing a big rig now. I hope it doesn't get canceled because of some stupid idea somebody had.We'll see what happens.

No comments: